- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 5 years of experience in database operations with significant production support experience.
- Hand-on experience in installing, configuring and supporting SQL Server 2008R2, 2012, 2014, 2016.
- Prior experience in managing migrations of on-premise databases to hybrid or cloud only Azure databases.
- Experience in managing SQL data services on Asure DB in cloud only and hybrid environments.
- Knowledge of high availability architecture including clustering, data replication to a global setup, transaction log shipping, database mirroring, replication, ‘AlwaysOn’ Availability Groups
- Solid experience with Performance Monitoring, Indexing, DMV’s, Profiler and other tools to find areas that need tweaking with database configurations
- Experience with data modeling, logical and physical database design, documentation and coding
- Experience with SQL database development (T-SQL), and automating maintenance tasks
- Ability to be a technical expert in improving performance, security and recoverability.
- Knowledge on MSSQL Server Business Intelligence products: Reporting & Integration Services
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications
- In-depth understanding on database backups, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
- Additional experience must include: PowerShell, Idera Suite, Commvault Backups, SharePoint
- Working knowledge of Agile principles and application
- Intuitive and analytical approach to problem solving
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with an international Database Operations team.
About Cook Medical
Since 1963, Cook Medical has been finding solutions to improve the world's healthcare problems for the patients and doctors we serve. As one of the world's largest private companies, we have always operated with our patients, customers, employees and communities at our core. We do this, not only because it is good business, but also because we believe that being a good corporate citizen is the right thing to do.
Cook Medical has been in Limerick since 1993. Since opening, we have become a European headquarters for many of Cook's business functions.
With a global workforce of 12,000, we employ over 850 people in Ireland who bring Endoscopy, Urology and Peripheral Intervention products from conception to commercialisation.
Our employee benefits include:
- Life Assurance and Income Protection cover
- Educational Assistance
- Company sponsored Defined Contribution pension scheme
- Medical Health Insurance cover for you and your immediate family
- Extensive health & wellness program including Indian head massages, healthy lifestyle seminars, mindfulness courses, physio sessions, flu vaccinations, nutrition talks
- Fully equipped gym on site
- 39-hour week with flexible start & finish times
- Paid time off to participate in volunteer activities
- Free parking
- Subsidised restaurant
- Sports & Social club