Work with the Senior Training Officer to ensure a strong and effective training process in order to meet all of Cook Medical’s Quality and business needs. Ensure present and future employee skill sets match industry best practises.
Reporting to: Senior Training Officer
• Lobby the importance of continued improvement of the training process and systems throughout the organisation.
• Work closely with all functions and Divisions to ensure adherence to Quality regulations. Maintain focus on training compliance for all employees.
• Assist in the preparation of the Training function for Regulatory and Corporate Audits.
• Participate in internal and external QMS audits.
• Provide technical and functional support to the day-to-day and ongoing operation, analysis and administration of the LMS for EMEA.
• Maintain the functionality of the LMS and ensure the accuracy of training records in adherence with GDP, ISO13485 and FDA requirements.
• Input training records in the LMS ensuring highest precision of data input.
• Support the continuous improvement of the LMS to meet the changing needs of the business.
• Create, run and disseminate training reports as required.
• Regular reporting of site Training Compliance figure for KPI and audit purposes.
• Monitor and support Functions in meeting site training goals and provide regular updates to Directors and Managers on team performance.
• Coordination of TNA across the site and delivery of training interventions to address any identified gaps.
• Monitor and seek to improve systems to evaluate the effectiveness of training to ensure that Cook Medical is in line with industry best practice.
• Ensure that all training is carried out in accordance with ISO13485 and FDA requirements.
• Apply project management principles, processes and tools to ensure on time delivery of training projects and clear communication with all stakeholders involved.
• Coordination of Company induction programme for all new employees on site.
• Coordination of Employee Development Programs for all relevant employees.
• Developing HR training and development strategies with Supervisors, Managers and Directors by considering immediate and long-term employee requirements.
• Planning, directing and delivering training and development programmes including employee inductions, to accomplish the organisation’s goals.
• Consider the costs of planned programmes, keeping within budgets.
• Monitoring and reviewing the progress of trainees and trainers.
• Amending and revising programmes as necessary, in order to adapt to changes occurring in the work environment.
• Assist managers to solve specific training issues, either on a one-to-one or group basis.
• Liaise with internal and external vendors to coordinate content and delivery.
• Develop and implement a system to evaluate the effectiveness of training and to benchmark Cook Medical against industry best practice.
• Manage the External Training process for Cook Medical.
• Develop competency based training in conjunction with vendors.
• Develop links with external partners and training networks to ensure best practice.
• Have an understanding of e-learning techniques and implementing e-learning strategies.
• Serve as support for EMEA users on E-Learning system.
• Promote an open knowledge-sharing environment that builds knowledge, skills and service for the benefit of the organisation as a whole.
• Ensure that Cook’s Code of Conduct is considered in all business matters carried out on Cook’s behalf.
• Relevant qualification in Training and Development or other related discipline and/or minimum of three years’ experience as a Training Specialist in a full time training role which includes experience of training coordination and delivery desirable.
• Strong understanding of quality regulations (ISO13485 and QSR) for the Medical Devices sector
• Availability and willingness to travel on Company business.
• Ability to communicate effectively on an individual and group basis. This is a hands-on role and the Training & Development Specialist will be expected to deliver training material to new and existing employees.
• Excellent knowledge of computer software packages.
• Fluency in a relevant second European language apart from English is an advantage.